Pages

Monday

2012 where have you gone?

It is so sad that my parents and grandparents are right... time does go by faster and faster the older I get. Which means I need to be more diligent to enjoy each moment, savoring the laugher, enjoying smiles, thanking the Lord for blessings and great opportunities and successes, learning from mistakes.

So here we are - starting a new year.  I've never actually done this whole 'year in review' thing but I am excited to look back over the past year and reflect on how good the Lord has been to us.

- Scott started school towards a degree in engineering and has completed 2 semesters and a summer session.  He is such a smarty pants... seriously it sickens me how much he loves all things math and physics.  I couldn't be prouder of him!

-I moved from being a contract worker for a year at my organization to a full time professional in June

-My brother got engaged this year and is getting married early in 2013 and I couldn't be more excited for him and Melissa!  I can't wait to stand up next to her showing my full support of this marriage!

-I finished my MBA courses in August and graduated in December {just call me Master Ray... come on, just for a few weeks?!}

-Organized 2 years worth of piles; and cleaned our front room 

-Now that I have more time on my hands I am cooking AND cleaning blogging more

-Our close friend Ben got engaged and is getting married early in 2013 - Scott will be a groomsmen {pretty darn handsome one at that}

-Scott and I went to San Diego with Jonathan, Jeremy, Meredith, Kat, and Julia where Scott and I were both in Troy and Danielle's wedding.  We only got to sight see for part of a day and it was wonderful but we want to go back... with a little more time at our disposal.  The wedding was beautiful!

-Scott and I are blessed to continue serving as leaders for our youth group and loving every second of that ministry and the relationships we are privileged to build.  We are learning that we are cooler than we thought we were... while learning that the life experiences we had at their age... are STILL the typical things teenagers are going through now... which makes me feel young :)

-I discovered twitter {@RayheartScott} and instagram {@RayleneNicole} this year - both of which are wonderful additions to my life.  Scott would beg to differ with the increased number of pictures I take these days... but I enjoy documenting even the small things.  I'm sure he'll thank me some day... right?

-Reflected on love and marriage 

-I discovered smash booking... it is a much simpler type of scrapbook of anything and everything you want to keep and be able to look back on easily!

-I have learned and am continuing to learn a lot about community.

-Launch has never been so sweet or necessary - the Lord is using this ministry to impact the core of who I am.

-I gained and/or strengthened some amazing friendships that I know will last a lifetime; and the Lord took a few away - {constant struggle for me to accept anyone having anything but favorable feelings towards me - He is using it still to grow and stretch me}

-Several of our friends have had babies this year which has given me glimpses of the baby itch... it comes and goes

-I took a painting class with Sharon and Laina... and we rocked it so hard!  I hope to do THAT again!! #naturalartist

-Scott and I traveled to Arkansas with Jonathan where I found a scarf that I can't stop thinking about and enjoyed some great time with friends!

-Had a birthday; Scott did too --- we are {whisper} 27

-Scott got to attend a conference with several men from our church in Louisville, KY this year and he so enjoyed his time with those men and learning from so many wise pastors who spoke

-I have had some beautiful discussions about church and love this year.

-2sdayGirlz happened. #enoughsaid

-Cut 57 8 inches off my hair

-Re-discovered my love for flea markets {especially the rural ones!}

-I am starting to coordinate the weddings at my church and so excited for the opportunity to serve in this way.... I love all things wedding and planning... so it is the perfect combo!

-It is January 5, 2013 and I am still rockin' the Christmas decor... #sorryaboutit

As I reflect on 2012 I can't help but see the Lord at work.  I can't wait for another year full of His hand at work in our lives.

what about you... what are some of your favorite moments from 2012?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous year! Can't wait to see what is in store for 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete