Pages

Sunday

Help in the kitchen!


The stove has had burn marks on it since we bought the house.  When I tried this method from pinterest the first time... it worked like a CHARM!

As you've noticed, I've been cooking more lately... sadly that equals more necessary cleaning... yuck.  It was time to clean the stove again and thought I'd share this wonderful discovery with you.

What you need:

Baking Soda
Wet hand towel(s) {use warm water}
timer

1. I always wipe off the stove to ensure it is as clean as I can get it before I start this process.  Once you've done that go ahead and sprinkle baking soda over the burnt areas on the stove.  The darker the burn... the heaver I sprinkle the baking soda.

2. Use warm water to get hand towel(s) completely wet and ring almost all of the water out of it.

3. Lay the wet towel(s) over the areas sprinkled with baking soda and set your timer for 15 minutes.


4. After the 15 minutes is up, put on your gloves and get read to scrub.  I find it is best to work in small circles using the baking soda to scrub off the burn marks.  It seriously works like a charm!


5. Once I wipe up all of the baking soda, I always use my simple green multi surface cleaning spray to get anything I left behind.

I will tell you that one of the burn marks on the stove was from a towel... which is more than just water it means there is plastic/fabric that was burned on the stove.  The baking soda got most of that burn spot off, however I did go in with a razor at the end to get the final bit of towel burn off.

I will do this EVERY time I need to clean the stove... love love love this!

Let me know if you try it and how it works for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment