Pages

Tuesday

Pasta experiment...

So, internet... I'm going to be honest... I just got done cooking my first ever recipe found on Pinterest!  I know... I have a million things pinned on there and JUST finished cooking my 1st experimental dinner.  I had to start small... something I knew would be easy.

So I made this pasta dish.. not even sure what it's called... but to be honest-- it wasn't my favorite.  BUT I know that I am the pickiest person in the world - so someone will enjoy this dish more that I did.

You will need:

Penne Pasta (or whatever pasta you feel like using that day)
1 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
1/4 to 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil {depends on amount of pasta}
1 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Peppers
1 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning

The details...

1. First boil the pasta, then strain and place in serving dish.


2. Add crushed red peppers, garlic, italian seasoning, and olive oil and toss. 


I added an italian blend of grated cheese - and we of course made some yummy garlic crescent rolls!

It was decent - but it was super spicy for my liking... so if I try this one again - I'll probably try to replace the crushed red peppers with something else.  But just removing it all together would be too bland.

Let me know what you all think of it?!

1 comment:

  1. I hate trying new recipes and not liking them. You could reduce the amount of red pepper & up the Italian seasoning. That would probably balance it out enough. I'm like you though, not a huge fan of spice. A little is okay. A lot is too much.

    ReplyDelete