Pages

Thursday

Oven potatoes....

You will need:

Red potatoes (roughly 4 per person - they are pretty small) *my friend, Jen, calls them 'new potatoes'... but I see that they are red... and have always called them red potatoes*
1 package of dry italian dressing
Salt
Pepper
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
*Parmesan shavings (optional)


Something you must know... I have never really been a big potato fan, I know - who am I, internet - I'll never really know.  BUT my friend, Jamie, made me try these one night at her house... and I have been having a love affair with these potatoes ever since.  I want them constantly... but haven't made them very often.  I will tell you that last night - when I made these... they were the best batch I've ever made! I'm 95% certain it was the cooking show commentary... #justsayin

You should probably know that I typically don't like potatoes... unless they are in the version of fries, tatter tots, hash browns, or sometimes I even like garlic mashed potatoes.. but thats about it... so the fact that I like these... should say something :)

1. pre-heat oven to 450 degrees

2. Cube red potatoes and put in bowl



3. Coat with EVOO generously (but not drenching) and add package of dry italian dressing and mix well... this is where you get to get your hands dirty... get em' in there and mix those suckers up.  Ok, internet... I get really excited about this part  #sorrynotsorry

side note.. they kind of look like apples... but they aren't... they are gloriousness about to become heavenly...


4. Grease a cookie sheet and spread the well coated potatoes leaving as few stacked as possible


5. Stick them in the oven for 10 minutes then use a spatula and flip them and put them back in the oven for another 10-12 minutes (this will vary depending on the amount you're cooking and the level of crispiness you like).  I really like it when they are mostly golden brown and crispy... yum-o!
Optional: (6.)  My friend Jamie puts shavings of parmesan cheese on top of them right as they come out of the oven-- which tastes amazing!  We just never have shavings of parmesan so we forget to pick some up and we love them regardless!  


We ate them with some hot dogs that I grilled in a skillet on the stove - I figure you don't really need directions for that.  Jen was really excited about posing for my blog! #natural  Also, I took a picture of my beautiful fiesta ware plates, because I feel like most of my food pics show us eating on our MU plates... which lets face it-- is what we use 1/2 the time.  So these are usually all dirty and in the dish washer when I decide to blog what I'm cooking... or maybe plastic is just plain easier to use most of the time... #sorrynotsorry
Let me know if you try them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment