Pages

Monday

Pumpkin pie

I heart pumpkin pie.

I have had this post brewing since Christmas... but now that all I can think about is how much I want some pumpkin pie... I thought it'd be a great time to share the secret recipe.

You will need:

1 can (15oz) Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12oz) Evaporated Milk
1 unbaked pie crust (9-inch)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 large eggs

Preheat oven to 425.  First mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl.  Then beat eggs in large bowl.

Stir in pumpkin and sugar/spice mixture.  Gradually stir in evaporated milk.


Roll out the already made pie crust and pinch the edges to make a pretty design like so... 

Pour in the mixture and CAREFULLY move to the oven.  This is seriously the most stressful part of the entire operation because the filling is SOOOOOOOOOOOO close to spilling over from the get go and is so jiggly to begin with


For the first 15 minutes you will bake at 425 then decrease the temperature to 350 and bake for another 45-50 minutes depending on your oven.  I believe I usually end up doing 50 minutes.


Enjoy!!!!!


Oh... and I guess you can find this exact recipe on the side of the can of Libby's pumpkin.... but I'll never admit to it in person ;)

What is your favorite holiday treat you're already starting to miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment