Pages

Sunday

The Calzone Experiment

Once upon a time I saw a commercial for a stuffed sloppy joe... using Pillsbury biscuits.  I didn't really like the sound of a stuffed sloppy joe... I don't need any help making a sloppy joe sloppier.  But I thought it would be a great experiment for a calzone!

So here is what you'll need:

-Buscuits (large)
-Pizza cheese
-Pizza toppings of choice (I used pepperoni and canadian bacon below)
-Pizza sauce


1. On a nonstick baking sheet (or a pam-sprayed regular cookie sheet) start to flatten out the large biscuits.  I made one calzone at at time so I knew how to space them properly.


2. Go ahead and add some pizza sauce and spread with a knife or fork over 1/2 of the biscuit. 


3. Add your cheese and toppings.  Be sure to leave a little space on the outside edge to seal the calzone.


4. Fold the biscuit over and use your fingers to tuck in any rouge toppings and to seal the edges.


5. This is what they look like before they head into the oven.  I use the instructions on the side of the biscuit can for the baking temperature and time.


6. Pull out when they look like this.  Yuuuuummmmmm!


*Disclaimer:  Some will spill out like this. This recipe is not for those perfectionistic cookers out there.




Let me know if you try them out!  We've made them a couple of times and we love them.  I would suggest making at least 2 per adult.  

No comments:

Post a Comment