Pages

Sunday

My favorite Enchiladas

I am in love with this recipe.  I have to give credit to a girlfriend of mine from college, Jen.  She made these for me and a few other girls and while, I have added my own flavor... this came from her.

What you'll need:

- 1 lb of ground beef
- Mexican shredded cheese
- Enchilada sauce (large can)
- Taco seasoning
- Tortillas (medium sized)
- Taco Rice (optional)


1. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet.  Add the taco seasoning and some water and let the meat simmer until the water is gone.  Pour a little bit of enchilada sauce at the bottom of a large glass pan.  Add almost all of the remaining enchilada sauce. (Leaving some for the finishing touches)

2. Add mexican shredded cheese and stir until it is melted well.  Spoon the mixture into the center of your tortilla.

3. Roll tortillas perfectly as shown below and place in the glass pan.


4. So... sometimes a mess is made... couldn't let you believe this adventure is mess-free.  Just go ahead and put the messy extras from your fingers and spoon on top of the enchiladas. 


5. pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas and spread the sauce as evenly as possible.  Sprinkle a liberal amount of cheese over the top of the enchiladas.  Stick them in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until you see the cheese is melted, the sauce is bubbling, and the edges of the tortillas are perfectly crisp.


6. Follow the instructions on the package for the taco rice.  Sometimes I make the taco rice before I roll them all together and will add rice into my enchiladas.  Scott isn't a huge fan of the taco rice so I typically leave it out and serve it up on the side.  


7. ENJOY!  Yum.. this looks so amazing I just want to lick the screen.  But I won't... don't worry. 


Let me know if you try these out, and what you think!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment