Pages

Saturday

Raylene is the name... Organization is my thang!




This week Kelly's Korner's SHOW US YOUR LIFE topic is organizational tips... and let me tell you... I. LOVE. TO. ORGANIZE.

Some things that help me feel organized:

1. Planner:  Having a planner allows a visual reminder of planned events

2. Color Code:  Yes, I'm one of THOSE.  I color code my planners (for the most part)  right now, I am in school so each class has a different color, work has a color, church, bdays/anniversaries all have different colors.  May sound like a dorky idea... but it totally works for me!

3. For my class notes... I ALWAYS date my notes... also I have the Microsoft Office for Mac and on there I am able to set up my notes to look like notebook paper... and they have tabs on the side so each day of class I open a new tab for notes!  This has been a HUGE help in studying for exams.

4. Filing Cabinet:  Wow... I have no idea what I would do without our filing cabinet.  I have a file folder for EVERYTHING!  All of our bills, our car stuff (maint/insurance), health insurance, investment information, house documents, along with several other categories... I love this system b/c I have a different label for each thing and they are all in my drawer in alphabetical order!  I even get as specific as 'Ray Health Ins'/ 'Scott Car'/ 'Ray 401K'.. etc. This makes things VERY easy to find and I always put the MOST UP TO DATE items in front!

5. Bill Pay:  I really enjoy paying bills online... I save so much $$$ not having to worry about writing checks, buying stamps, or hunting down an envelope.  In order to stay organized in this area... I always write the date I pay the bill, the initials 'BP' so I know I did elect to pay online, the confirmation #, and amount paid.  I also write the confirmation # in my register to have record there as well!

6. Coupon expando:  I know this is not the technical term for this heavenly invention, BUT this is one of my favorite things.  When I go through the paper on Wednesdays and Sundays and get all the good coupons out that I want to use... I used to get overwhelmed at trying to paper clip all the like-coupons together... well see ya later, paper clips!  I found my expando at Target and they came with sticker labels, so each slot can contain coupons specific to its labeled category! I. LOVE. IT. It is also small enough to fit in your purse!

7. Card Wheel:  Also at Target, I found this wonderful card wheel.  This really helps keep the clutter out of my wallet, but allows me to have all those important gift cards or business cards I need to handy, but that I don't need spilling out every time I open my wallet!  This is a must have!

8. Pantry:  My husband and I recently moved into our first home... and we actually have a pantry now!  yay!  I now have my pantry organization down to a tee! I put all my cereals together (in order from tallest to shortest) I have all my 'lunch items' together (soup bowls, mac and cheese bowls, gushers (yes, Scott and I still like fruit snacks and gushers), canned fruit).  If there are duplicates we stack them. The other 1/2 of that shelf has other canned items and bread/pasta items.   I then have my baking things on a shelf of their own all sorted by height as well as 'most used' items. You can really tell a lot by looking at someone's pantry... what does yours say about you?  Not sure what mine says about me... hmm.

9. Card Box:  I LOVE my card box.  I am one of those crazy people that still loves to get snail mail!  Anyway, these boxes have pre-made dividers for the different occasions you may need a card for.  I have since added a few of my own dividers.  However, purchasing cards is by far one of my favorite things... my favorite brand is Fresh Ink by Hallmark!  They have the cutest cards in the world... so when I get in a Hallmark mode, I tend to stock up on some cards.  This is handy because no matter what the occasion or the time crunch, I always have a card that will work!


I'd love to hear some of your favorite organizational tips!!  I could write on this topic for days, I'm sure!

Have a great day, lovelies!

5 comments:

  1. I date my notes for training too. It really came in handy when I had my test.
    Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog header and LOVE to pay bills online....Great tips...Enjoying a Saturday of blog hopping and reading all the Easter posts. Hope you will stop by for a visit.
    On Sunday night I will be drawing for
    $100 GOODIE BASKET.

    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-friends-new-blogs-and-giveaway.html

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your organizational tips! I went through a huge decluttering phase, and my biggest help was making sure that everything had a spot. Baskets and bins help a lot!!!
    Also, I just saw your post on my blog, and the stools are $50 plus S&H. I'm getting ready to do a red barn one for a 1st birthday, and it's going to be so cute! Be sure to stop back by to see it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through the Show Us Your Life. Your about me sounds just like me!! I loveeee some Friends! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete