Pages

Saturday

creamy corn goodness


People - this is a pinterest find THAT WORKED!  I've had some horrible luck with pinterest recipes...So I decided to give them another chance and WOW - this is amazing!

What you need:
Crock pot
2 lbs Frozen sweet corn
1 - 8 oz Block of cream cheese
1 Stick of butter
2 Tbls Sugar
2 Tbls Water
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours on low (I did 2 hours on high and 1 hour on low b/c of the timing of my day)


1. Cube the butter and cream cheese - beautiful, eh?


2. Pour 2 lbs of corn in the crock pot; spread the cubes of butter and cream cheese over the corn and add the 2 Tbls water and 2 Tbls sugar. 


3.  Cook - I stirred it after an hour or so and then again with about 30 minutes left to cook and I found that to be helpful in combining the ingredients well.


So I'm pretty sure it went over alright but I'll let you be the judge...


Favorite things about this dish:
-cheap
-easy
-delightful
-it's corn- who doesn't like corn?
-it's sweet
-totally received my adult card for this one :)  ... I'm officially the creamy corn bringer to the thanksgiving meals!


What is your favorite thanksgiving dish to make and eat?!  Let me know if you try this recipe out... I really wish I had a reason to go make some right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment